- Practice Areas
- Bar and Court Admissions
- Professional Associations
Zachary Schlichting is a partner in the firm. His practice focuses on trust and estate litigation, including guardianships and conservatorships.
Before joining Wade Ash, Zach spent nearly ten years as a lawyer in the Denver Public Administrator’s office litigating financial exploitation cases referred by the Adult Protective Services Division of the Denver Department of Human Services. He continues his litigation practice at Wade Ash.
Zach has tried numerous cases to verdict, including a published case that made new law on an issue of first impression involving civil theft by an agent under power of attorney. Presently, he represents clients in high-stakes cases throughout Colorado involving will and trust contests, financial exploitation, and the appointment of guardians and conservators. He works hard to achieve favorable settlements, but has an active courtroom practice in matters requiring trial.
Previously, Zach served on the Executive Council for the Trust and Estates Section of the Colorado Bar Association and as Co-Chair of the Trial and Procedure Committee of the Trust and Estate and Elder Law Sections. He is presently a member of the Colorado Bar Foundation, a member of the Investment Committee for the Colorado Fund for People with Disabilities, and an active member and advocate for NAMI Colorado.
Zach has lectured and published articles for the Colorado Bar Association, the National Business Institute, and Krendl’s Colorado Methods of Practice. He also previously served on the stakeholder committee to develop automated conservator reports for the State Court Administrator’s Office. In addition to publishing and lecturing, Zach has been qualified to testify as an expert in multiple district courts throughout the State of Colorado.
- Trust & Estate Litigation
- Guardianship and Conservatorship Litigation
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Temple University, B.A. summa cum laude, 2004
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- Colorado Bar Association, 2009 – present
Executive Committee of Trust and Estate Section, 2016 – 2018
Statutory Revisions Committee, 2009 – present
Probate Trial and Procedure Subcommittee, 2015 – present, Co-Chair 2018 – 2019
- Colorado Bar Foundation, Fellow, 2021 – present
- Co-author, Discovery and Admission of Digital Assets, CLE in Colorado, Inc., September 20, 2019
- Co-author, Volume 3, Chapter 100: Conservatorships. Colorado Methods of Practice, 2017 Revised Edition, West’s Colorado Practice Series, published by Thomson Reuters, 2017
- Co-Author, Chapter 53: Probate Process: The Decedent’s Estate Administration, published in Elder Law in Colorado, Fourth Ed., John J. Campbell and D. Wayne Stewart eds., CLE in Colorado, Inc., Supp. 2016
- Author, Probate Boot Camp: First Steps, NBI, Inc., December 16, 2015
- Co-author, Equitable Defenses in Will and Trust Litigation: Discussion Regarding the Bill Before the Colorado Legislature Regarding Common Law Rule on “Laches,” CLE in Colorado, Inc., September 11, 2015
- Co-author, Liability of Third Party Payors for Distributions Made to Fiduciaries, presented at Advanced Estate Administration: Complexities Explained, CLE in Colorado, Inc., January 23, 2015
- Co-author, Conservator’s Reports and Forensic Accountings, CLE in Colorado, Inc., February 14, 2013
- Speaker, Will Contests, Colorado Bar Association CLE, September 20, 2019
- Speaker, Probate System in Colorado, Colorado Bar Association CLE, Denver, Colorado, September, 6, 2018
- Speaker, Probate Boot Camp: First Steps, National Business Institute, Denver, Colorado, December 16, 2015
- Speaker, Will Contests: Legal and Equitable Claims and Defenses, Colorado Bar Association CLE, Denver, Colorado, September 11, 2015
- Speaker, Advanced Estate Administration: Complexities Explained, Colorado Bar Association CLE, Denver, Colorado, January 23, 2015
Speaker, Advanced Elder Law Institute: An Integrated Approach to Aging in America, Colorado Bar Association CLE, Denver, Colorado, February 2013