Guardianships & Conservatorships

In the statewide law practice at Wade Ash LLP, we can help you find resources and make a plan when someone you care about is no longer able to manage their financial matters or make good decisions about their own care.

As part of that process, we can help you make the most of any estate planning documents your loved one has in place. If there are no documents, or the documents are not sufficient, it may be necessary to have the court appoint you or others to protect their interests. A person appointed by the court to make health care and personal welfare decisions is called a guardian. A person appointed by the court to protect and manage property is called a conservator. The court proceedings for these appointments are referred to as guardianships and conservatorships.

We can guide you through the court process for the appointment of a guardian and or conservator. This process can be confusing and frustrating, especially for an adult with memory issues. The Colorado court procedures are designed to protect the rights of the adult who is the center of all the concern. We can make this process less intimidating. We can help your family understand what to expect and assist you in efficiently getting through the process.

Contact Wade Ash

We welcome you to contact us about a potential guardianship or conservatorship by calling (303) 322.8943 (Denver) or (970) 366.3727 (Glenwood Springs) or using the online contact form.