- Practice Areas
- Bar and Court Admissions
- Professional Associations
- Community Involvement
Chelsea Ziegler is an associate in the firm. Her practice focuses on estate administration, trust administration, guardianships and conservatorships, elder law litigation, and probate litigation.
Chelsea is dedicated to obtaining the best outcome for her clients, whether it comes from mediation or trial. She approaches each case with compassion, patience, and determination to achieve the best conclusion for her clients, taking into consideration her clients emotional and mental well-being during the litigation process.
Chelsea is heavily involved with the Colorado Bar Association, specifically in the Elder Law Section, where she is a voting At-Large Member of the Elder Law Section Council and currently Co-Chairs the Elder Law Retreat Committee. Through her commitments with the Colorado Bar Association, she seeks to resolve issues in her fields and determine best practices for her fellow practitioners.
Prior to joining Wade Ash LLC, Chelsea worked for Trust & Estate Advocates, LLP, starting in 2016 as a law clerk, while she contemporaneously worked to obtain her law degree. She became an associate attorney in 2020. At Trust & Estate Advocates, LLP, she found her calling in contested probate litigation, elder law litigation, and protective proceedings.
Chelsea began her decade-long legal career in her home state of New York as a legal intern for Boies, Schiller & Flexner, LLP, specializing in litigation and assisting attorneys with trial preparation. After moving to Colorado in 2014, Chelsea was a legal assistant for Poskus, Caton & Klein, P.C., where she worked in estate planning, estate administration, guardianships, and conservatorships.
During law school, Chelsea served as the judicial intern in the 1st Judicial District, Jefferson County District Court, State of Colorado, assisting on criminal, civil, and domestic relations dockets. Chelsea also participated in the American Indian Wills Clinic while in law school, preparing estate planning documents for Native Americans, and reserving their rights for tribal lands.
Chelsea consistently strives to serve the public. While an undergraduate, she was awarded a Community Involvement & Volunteerism Award for serving over 200 volunteer hours. In law school, she participated in numerous opportunities to help her community, including the school’s Pro-Bono Eviction Docket by assisting low-income individuals in negotiations with landlords, and Make-A-Will clinics by providing estate planning needs to low-income individuals.
Presently, Chelsea provides pro bono legal services in estate planning, probate, and elder law cases through Metro Volunteer Lawyers. She also volunteers with the American Cancer Society, by raising awareness and participating in fundraisers.
In her spare time, Chelsea can be found raising foster kittens, hiking with her dog, reading, and spending time with her family.
- Probate & Estate Administration
- Trust Administration
- Guardianships & Conservatorships
- Trust & Estate Litigation
- Oklahoma City School of Law, J.D. 2019
- Arapahoe Community College, Paralegal Certificate, 2016
- Hartwick College, B.S., 2014
- Colorado Bar Association
Trust & Estate Section, 2020 – present
Elder Law Section, 2020 – present
Elder Law Section Council, At-Large Member (Voting), 2020 – present
Elder Law Retreat Committee, Co-Chair, 2020 – present
Probate Trial & Procedure Committee, 2020 – present
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association, 2020 – present
Publications Committee, 2021
- Alpha Omicron Pi Women’s Fraternity, 2011 – present
- Colorado Supreme Court Pro Bono Legal Service Commitment and Recognition Program (2022), Pending Issuance by Colorado Supreme Court, January 2023
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers Platinum Badge (100+ Hours) (2022), Pending Issuance by Metro Volunteer Lawyers, January 2023
- Colorado Supreme Court Pro Bono Legal Service Commitment and Recognition Program (2021), Issued by Colorado Supreme Court, January 2022
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers Platinum Badge (100+ Hours) (2021), Issued by Metro Volunteer Lawyers, January 2022
- Certificate in Public Interest, Issued by Oklahoma City School of Law, December 2019
- Introductory and Co-Chair Remarks, 2023 Elder Law Retreat, Colorado Bar Association Elder Law Section, August 24-26, 2023
- Case Law Update, 2023 Elder Law Retreat, Colorado Bar Association Elder Law Section, August 24-26, 2023
- Co-Presenter, Probate Case Law Update, 2023 Domestic Relations and Probate Institute for Judges, Magistrates, Facilitators, Sherlocks, Registrars, and PPMs, June 16, 2023
- Trust & Estates 2022 Case Law Update, 2022 Colorado Case Law Update, Colorado Bar Association Tax, Real Estate, Trust & Estate, and Business Law Sections, January 11, 2023
- Introductory and Co-Chair Remarks, 2022 Elder Law Retreat, Colorado Bar Association Elder Law Section, August 25-27, 2022
- Co-Presenter, Is it Admissible to Probate? A Practical and Demonstrative Guide to Will Execution in Colorado, 2022 Domestic Relations and Probate Institute for Judges, Magistrates, Facilitators, Sherlocks, Registrars, and PPMs, June 9, 2022
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers
Volunteer Attorney in Estate Planning, Probate, Guardianship & Conservatorship Matters, 2017 – present
- American Cancer Society
Volunteer and Fundraiser, 2007 – present